HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, April 3, 2015

My Minds Eye "Hello World" - by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone & welcome to April - I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly sure how
 we suddenly got to April so quickly!!!  It's kinda scary!

A new month means some new goodies to play with...yay :)
And this month I will be creating with My Minds Eye - Hello World collection.

It is a travel themed range, but I don't think that it necessarily means that you're
 restricted to scrapping photos of the travel itself....so for this layout, I have scrapped
 the destination of one of our weekend getaways earlier this year.....


"Thredbo River"

I really love the spotty "Here & There" paper, so it was my choice for the background....and as it's quite a busy piece, I have not added any background work.  I decided to leave it as is, and let it shine in it's own right :)

This collection comes with a HEAP of coordinating embellishments - stickers, wood veneers, a diecut mixed bag, flair buttons.....and there's also a variety of papers that are perfect for cutting out the images to use as embellishments as well.



Here I've used a few embellishment pieces from the mixed bag diecuts and the wood veneers....PLUS I've cut a few pieces from the reverse side of the World Map & My Travels papers to use in amongst the layers & embellishments.  The My Travels piece has HEAPS of different tags on it that are great for cutting out.  The round circular piece with the journaling is the piece I cut from the reverse side of the World Map paper.


I've also used a few of the new 2Crafty Fast Forward Arrows around the page as well.
These are really COOL....

Mini Fast Forward Arrows



I have added a small cluster of flowers, skeleton leaves & one of the Hello World flairs 
to the side of my photos.  I have altered the colour of the main Green Tara flower with my Gelatos to give it a more richer colour to match in with the colours of the layout.

The pieces at the top of the cluster are from the Mixed Bag pack....this pack is FULL of diecuts, some of which have embossing on them, PLUS chipboard & vellum pieces as well.  
There's lots of fabulous pieces in there, so it is quite good value!



Here are some more of the 2Crafty Fast Forward Arrows that I've coated in gesso & then coloured with one of my fav coloured gelatos :)

I have added one of the Hello World stickers (the camera) on top of the veneer camera with some foam tape to help give a bit of depth to the page.







Here is a close up view of the main area of the page.


I hope you have been inspired by this fun collection :)
A list of products with links is listed below.

Until next time...Happy scrapping! xx
Photobucket

Products Used:
My Minds Eye - Hello World  - Discovery - Here & There
My Minds Eye - Hello World paper - All Aboard - We are Here
My Minds Eye - Hello World paper - All Aboard - Suitcases
My Minds Eye - Hello World paper - Beauty - Bonjour
My Minds Eye - Hello World paper - Travel - World Map
My Minds Eye - Hello World paper - All Aboard - Flair Buttons
Petaloo - Deejarling Mini Blossoms - Soft Grey
Brown Skeleton Leaves
Faber-Castell - Gelatos - Butterscotch
Mont Marte - Gesso
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
American Crafts - Thickers
October Afternoon - Alpha Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment