HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, February 20, 2015

Webster's "Beautiful Chic" & Kaisercraft "Betsy's Couture" - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone....I have lots to share today!
 
I have another layout using the beautiful "Beautiful Chic" range from Webster's....and also a few Kaisercraft DT projects, using "Betsy's Couture".
2 very different paper collections.
 
So I'll get right to it!
 
"Beautiful Girls"
My page is based on Sketchabilities sketch #133

 
I couldn't decide which of these papers to use for my background....
it was a hard decision! lol
I ended up using the "Aged to Perfection" paper....with all those fabulous rings from the trunk of a tree featured on them!!  It is such a beautiful, yet cool paper....and then used the Cherry Blossoms paper as a border - so I still ended up using the 2 papers that I couldn't decide between - win win! lol
 
I've gone for a bit of a vintage/shabby chic look for this one....using a pic of my mum when she was a little girl with one of her sisters.
 
For the background I've added some textured stencil work with a mixture of glimmermist & watered down Gelatos stamped on using cling wrap.  I've also added a bit of  random stamping using Kaisercraft Crackle stamp...plus Prima Stiched stamp.
 
 
 
 
I've created a cluster of Green Tara, Petaloo & Prima flowers....a Flutterby Flair, Diecut leaves & 2Crafty Flying bird - coloured with Gelatos...and there's also one of the cute little stickers from the Tags & Prompts sticker sheet.
 

And I've repeated another smaller cluster at the opposite side of the photo...this time adding in a few layered pieces from the Frame & Icon cards vellum sheet.
 

With a few different papers cut into different sizes, I've layered up behind the photo...and there's also some more 2Crafty - Chevron Bits.
 

 
The title is made up of one of the stickers from the Sentiments sticker sheet...plus some of the Aqua little letter stickers.

 
 
Here is a bit of a close up of the background stencilling...
 

Framing the photo is another gorgeous 2Crafty piece - Round Ornate Frame....that is painted in Gesso with a few light swipes of Kaisercraft Vintage ink.
 
(A full list of products with links can be found at the very bottom of this post)
 
 
 
Now onto some Kaisercraft work with Betsy's Couture....a beautiful heritage themed collection!
 
 
"Timeless Memories"
 
I have used the Baby Doll specialty paper as the background...which is the gorgeous circle clock face paper (the kraft cardstock is only sitting behind the page while I photographed it).




I've used a variety of diecut pieces from the Collectables pack, along with some blooms & acetate clocks that I cut from the other specialty paper - Timeless.




Here I've used the gorgeous Kaisercraft Street Light Die...that I felt was just perfect for this style of layout :) I have also roughly inked it in KC Vintage ink
to help lift it and add a bit more colour to the page.





Kaisercraft Products – Betsy’s Couture Collection: Specialty Paper – Baby Doll PS404, Specialty Paper – Timeless PS837, A-Line P1738, Bolero P1740, Shawl P1744, Garment P1745, Paper Pad PP960, Collectables CT818, Sticker Sheet SS271, Street Lights Die DD513, Honey paper blooms F628, Iceberg paper blooms F630, Sage mini paper blooms F649, Olive mini paper blooms F650, Vintage Ink IP723, Foam Tape T303
Other – Flower, Resin Cameo, Distress Ink.


Next up is a BTP item




"Betsy's Mannequin"
I have used papers from the Paper Pad that I cut into long strips & layered at different lengths. I also added some strips of tulle to add a bit of depth & texture to the skirt.




Here is a close up showing more of the skirt detail....the layers of paper with some tulle in amongst them as well.




I folded a paper doily in half to add another layer to the skirt & decorated with some Collectables pieces, blooms & some feathers!




And I've finished off with some pearls around the neck.

Kaisercraft Products – Betsy’s Couture Collection: Paper Pad PP960, Collectables CT818, Sticker Sheet SS271, BTP Mannequin SB2212, Latte Pearl Strip PL505, Denim Blue Pearls SB782, Mocha Ribbon Rose R713, Sage paper blooms F632, Honey paper blooms F628, Iceberg mini paper blooms F647, Vintage Ink IP723
Other – Paper Doily, Feathers, Ribbon Bow, Tulle


And lastly....a card

"If you only Knew"

I have used one of the NEW Kaisercraft Embossing Folders....Flourish.
How gorgeous does it look?!? I've tried to feature it on the background paper of the card without covering it up too much. This is a gorgeous folder for a vintage look.



Here's a few close ups....

A variety of Collectables layered up, with a small cluster of blooms & punched leaves.




And here's a bit of a close up of the Flourish Embossing Folder....I love it! :)

Kaisercraft Products – Betsy’s Couture Collection – Bolero P1740, Shawl P1744, Garment P1745, Paper Pad PP960, Sticker Sheet SS271, Collectables CT818, Flourish Embossing Folder EF206, Iceberg paper blooms F630, Honey mini paper blooms F645, Olive mini paper blooms F650, Vintage Ink IP723
Other – Leaf punch, Button
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by to check out my work...I hope you have been inspired :)
Until next time...Linda, xx
Photobucket
Products Used
Beautiful Girls layout
 
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Faber-Castell - Big Brush Pens
Tattered Angels - Glimmermists
Prima Marketing - Stitches Stamp
Martha Stewart - Border Punch
Prima Marketing - Flowers
Basic Grey Brad
Kaisercraft Ink Pad - Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment