HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

WRMK Love Notes by Fiona Johnstone

 
Hello everyone
 
Can you believe we are already into the second month of the year? Crazy! But the good news is I have some gorgeous new paper to play with this month, We R Memory Keepers, Love Notes. Adore the colours, pink and green with some black and white. Just gorgeous.
 
 
 
First share for today, Cherish
 
 
 
  For this layout, I wanted to create a type of a water colour background to compliment the papers, particularly the Tulip paper.  I have used the new Tim Holtz Distress spray Stain in Picked Raspberry - love these sprays, fabulous colour!! Also my other favourite spray - Dylusions Ink Spray in Fresh Lime. I combined these with water to create a paler background, then added some stamping in black for dramatic contrast. I've then layered several of the papers and used predominantly the same coloured embellishments to finish off.
Some close ups:
 
 
 I've used a large Maya Road transparent doily and a hot pink heart from my stash to keep the complimentary colours. I've then added a  touch of silver with some Heidi Swapp Glitter Stickers. 
 


On this close-up, you can see the mix of watercolour background, I have also used this on the document tag that I cut from one of the patterned papers.  My title Cherish I simply inked in black to make it pop!



My final close-up, some pretty Green Tara flowers and skeleton leaves to soften the layout and finish it off.

  My second share this week, Roller Sk8's
 
Love this sequence of photos of my two having a ball skating out in the front yard. They were having so much fun, as Zane was getting the hang of his new rollerskates. The colours inthe Love Notes range were just perfect with the black and pink, and I love the contrast of the green paper. which has a bit of a whitewash already through it. I've added just a touch of stamping to bring in a bit more black to the right side of my layout for some balance.


  Some close-ups:
A cute rollerskate (and matching heart) that I just had to use - thankfully it contained the colours of the paper! A small piece of journaling is hidden under the today tag, and a Flutterby Design Flair to add an extra pop of green.

 
I've finished this one off with a pink and black title, and you can see a little more of the stamping, including the super cute xoxo stamp I found recently after a stash cull. 
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've been inspired to get creating with this gorgeous range.
 
Fiona
x
Photobucket 
Product List:
 
Cherish
WRMK Love Notes Paper - Tulip
WRMK Love Notes Paper -  Sweetheart
WRMK Love Notes Paper - Weekending
WRMK Love Notes Paper -Wild Love
Heidi Swapp Glitter Stickers Silver Love
2Crafty Chipboard - Cherish
Simple Stories DIY Enamel Dots
WRMK Enamel Dots - Neutrals
Green Tara Apple Blossoms - White
Green Tara Cherry Blossoms - Pink 
Green Tara Skeleton Leaves
Maya Road Transparent Doilies
Dylusions Ink Spray - Fresh Lime
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain - Picked Raspberry
Bo Bunny Stamp
Crafters Workshop Stencil - Tattered Lace
Black Ink
White Cardstock
Roller Sk8's
WRMK Love Notes Paper - Weekending
WRMK Love Notes Paper - Count the Ways
WRMK Love Notes Paper -  XOXO
WRMK Love Notes Paper - HeartBeat
Crate Paper Oh Darling Chipboard Die-Cuts
AC Thickers Amy Tan Plus 1 Black Foam
Flutterby Designs Flair
Kaisercraft Mr Fox Collectibles
October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers
Kaisercraft Texture Stamp - Edges
Black Ink
 

No comments:

Post a Comment