HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Embrace, by Amanda Hartmann

Hi everyone!

"Abrazo".... it's Spanish for "embrace" and seemed like the perfect title for this photo of my daughter hugging our friend Paty from Argentina.


I started with the striped background - it was the lovely Meadow paper in the range. The stripes seemed perfect to match my daughter's striped shirt.

Then I placed a lace doily in the centre of the page. On top of this, I layered a few papers in the range, with some black cardstock, to create the photo mount. Some distressed edges to the paper layers adds a little texture!

Now let's look at the cluster and details.

I used the 2 Crafty chipboard flourish along the bottom of the photo. Amongst the flourish I added a white leaf spray from Green Tara.

Also in the cluster, I added some 2Crafty Hearts - I inked them black and then coated them in dimensional magic.

I added a handmade felt heart from my friend Charmane of Charm's Creations. The "embrace" word sticker on this, is from the accessory sticker pack from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight collection.

From my stash I added sequins and flower stamen. I cut some of the white leaf spray to tuck on this left side. The flower is from a prima pack and I gave it a spray of Steel grey to suit the colours I needed.

Here is the title, made with stickers.  I LOVE these mini puffy stickers from the Indigo Hills collection. I can see them on lots of my future pages!


 And hopefully you can see the technique I used on the 2 Crafty chipboard flourish. I inked it black to start. Then I gave it a coat of crackle medium (I got a cheap bottle from Aldi!). Then I painted the flourish with Lilac paint. As the paint dried, the cracks formed to show the black underneath. Looks really cool! Then I finished the flourish with a coat of dimensional magic.


Well that's it for today! Thanks for looking!

Amanda



Products used:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment