HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, July 22, 2016

Happy Dance
by Tammy Klingner

 
Hi everyone
 
It's my turn to share my latest layout.
I have again used Pink Paislee's Fancy Free range. 
I love it!! Such great colours!
 
 
One of my favourite things about this range, is the 'painted' look on the papers.
So all the hard work is done for you!
For my background I used one of the watercolour papers (there's a coral and an aqua).
I love how it looks like I've created it!!
Because of this, I didn't do any mixed media!! WHAT!!!
I know, I know - no paint, no gesso!
But with paper this good, it's really not necessary.
 
The other paper that jumped out at me is the circle paper, with all the cool sayings in them.
The sayings made me laugh - they are very usable, very current.
 
 
A couple stood out straight away - 'crazy kids' and 'happy dance'
Immediately it reminded me of a hot summer day we had last summer  It began to drizzle, which is a rarity here in Clare in summer.
 My kids were so excited - they ran outside and did a rain dance! They got soaked!!
 
 
I punched out various circles, in a couple of different sizes.
I then randomly placed them running down my layout, just to the right of the centre.
When using circles, always have some half circles coming out from your photo, and also from the top and bottom edge.  This creates a more natural feel.
I also added in some hand drawn circles, and some enamel dots to go with the fun 'feel' of the layout.
 
To finish off, I layered up my photos, added a title and some journaling.
 
So there you have it!
A layout without mixed media.
I even resisted the flicking of the paint!
 
Why don't you have a go?
 
See you next week!
Love Tam xx
 
Products used:
Pink Paislee Fancy Free Paper 02
Pink Paislee Fancy Free Paper 03
Pink Paislee Fancy Free Paper 07
Pink Paislee Fancy Free Paper 10   
Pink Paislee Fancy Free Ephemera
Simple Stories Life in Color Expressions Stickers
Simple Stories Life in Color Enamel Dots
 
Photobucket

1 comment: