HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, December 14, 2015

Simple Stories - We Are Family Collection - Happy by Rachel Lowe:

I love collections that have a 'family' theme.  Family is everything and to document is to record the story of your family for generations to come.


This collection is lovely with its wood grains, soft pinks, yellows and turquoise. The journal elements give so much scope for journalling those stories.


Firstly I splashed some Heidi Swapp Teal colour shine on my white bazzill. 
 I then took the 2Crafty Doodled Heart and inked with Pine Cone to create a wood grain look that matches this collection perfectly! I really wanted the 2Crafty doodled heart to be a focal point and therefore made it apart of my title.


 I went with the 'heart' theme choosing the heart patterned paper and the coordinating die cuts. I just had to add the very cute typewriter!





Here is a close up of the embellishments, such gorgeous bits and pieces to choose from.







I foam taped my photo to give it a instant photo frame feel. I also foam taped the typewriter sticker,  multiple heart sticker, corner heart cluster die cut and the 'good stuff' banner sticker to add more depth and layers to the layout.

I finished the layout with some enamel dots randomly on the white bazzill.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to scrap at this hectic time 
of the year with only 11 days until Christmas!





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, with a gorgeous family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this range, such a happy fun collection and you've done a great job with this page, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how happy and bright this is!

    ReplyDelete