HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, September 4, 2015

Simple Stories "Summer Vibes" - by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone

Today I have a new layout to share with a new collection I'll be working with for September.

It is a collection full of fabulous pastel type summer colours & embellishments.
In the embellishment department, it is another collection with such a great variety - there are diecuts, self adhesive brads, a HUGE variety of cardstock & chipboard stickers, clear photo stickers, sn@p cards, enamel dots & a fantastic pack of chipboard frames which has 24 frames!
And the papers are just as fabulous & plentiful....lots of gorgeous patterns & 
plenty of cut out pieces on the elements papers.


Here is my first layout....


"Summer of 68"

I have used the Just Beachy paper for the background - which is a woodgrain paper that also has the coloured strip sayings at the bottom right of the page...and also the strip pieces at the top left.

I have left the background page as is, as I felt that by the time I added some paper layers & embellishments, that it would be quite busy looking & adding more to the 
background would have made it a bit too busy.



The brads that come with this collection are self adhesive - so much easier to work with!
If you happen to change your mind where you want the brad, it is so easy to lift it back up and move - I love the concept of these!  My cluster is made up of Green Tara flowers, some diecut pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack, some 2Crafty Indian Feathers & some punched butterflies.

Off to the left of the cluster are some of the expression stickers, 
and also some of the White photo stickers (The arrows).



As I mentioned earlier, the pack of chipboard frames comes in a pack of 24 - so there is heaps of them to go around.  Here I've used one of the smaller ones, set off to the side of the paper layers, and I've backed it with one of the small 2x2 pieces from the 2x2 & 4x6 Elements paper.

Here you can also see a few of the cardstock stickers & diecut pieces.




I have coated the 2Crafty Dancing Sun with gesso & then coloured it with a red Gelato 
& topped it off with one of the adhesive brads.




The Cardstock alpha stickers comes with 4 different coloured alphas...also in different sizes & styles.
There are also some strip expression stickers on this sheet as well.
Here I've used 3 of the different alphas for my title.

Top left of the photo I've used one of the clear photo stickers.
These stickers come with 3 sheets of stickers - all on clear backgrounds.
1 sheet is coloured, another has white stickers & the 3rd one is a grey colour...all matching perfectly with the colours of this collection.




I have used one of the bigger frames from the Chipboard Frames pack to frame my photo & have used pieces cut from both the 4x4 Elements paper & 3x4 Journaling Card Elements paper 
placed either side of the photo & frame.

Photo is of my brother & I back in 1968 :)


Thanks so much for visiting today - I hope you've been inspired by this wonderful collection.
xxx


Photobucket
Products used:
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
EK Success - Butterfly Punch
Creative Memories - Butterfly Punch
White Cardstock
Foam Tape
Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment