HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 23, 2015

Prima "Epiphany" & Kaisercraft "Blue Bay" by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone, and happy Friday to you all.
Yay it is almost the weekend....and a long one at that!

Happy Australia Day for Monday to all the Aussies :)

I am back this week with another layout created with the Epiphany collection from Prima.
I have really LOVED working with this collection...and feel that it pushed me a little outside of my normal scrapping style/zone.

My layout is based on this months Prima BAP


"Yesterday's Memories"

I started off with the Manifestation of Love paper and gave it a light dab with a sponge & some Gesso around the centre area of the page...just so that the writing & images on the paper were a little more subtle.  I then added some texture using Prima Flourish stencil & some modelling paste.  After that was dry I added some blobs of mists (one colour at a time) and held the page up so that they ran down the page....I then finished the background off by dabbing more mist randomly over the page with some clingwrap.



I've used the gorgeous flowers that are part of the Epiphany collection....as well as some oldies from my stash.



I've also used more of the Epiphany wood icons - which unfortunately have now sold out....BUT there are other Prima Wood Icons available in the online store that would work & look just as good!


Here is a shot of the gesso covered background & the runs of mist & stain



The "Dream" wood icon at the top of this pic....I lightly dabbed over it with gesso so that it wasn't so black....and the little round frame I coated in TH Distress spray stain - Tattered Rose.



These gorgeous little bird cages are fussy cut from the "At this Moment" paper and I have coloured them with a spray of Glimmermist.



The squares in under the photo area are stamped with Prima Stiched Squares stamps that I cut out from various Epiphany papers....and then I have added some more stamping on some of the squares using a variety of Prima background stamps, plus coloured them with mists as well as adding a few splashes here and there too.

I used a few strands of plain brown twine to create the circle frame around the photo & then used some of the black & white twine that comes in the Ephemera pack to wind around it & hold it all together nice & tight.

The pic is of my mum when she was a little girl about 2-3 years old.
I will be adding some journaling to the back of the page (when I get time!)



Next up I have some of my Kaisercraft DT work using the beautiful
First is a layout...

"This is Me"

This collection comes with quite a few papers that I just loved to cut up to use in my layers around the photo....All the doors that you can see come from the Sky Blue paper....which is covered in all these fabulous looking doors - all different sizes & colours <3 And also one of the specialty papers, having heaps of beautiful frames on it...some with verses inside them, and others just blank. Well, I cut some of those up too, to add in the layers as well....oh such fun! Some of the collectables pieces are doors & frames also.

I've used the Lattice template with modelling paste on the background....with some stamping using Rocks, Grid & Tiny Dot stamps


See how Kaisercraft paper blooms ALWAYS match with their paper collections?!
I think that's so cool...and so very clever! It's not like they produce new flowers to compliment each new paper collection....their paper collections just always go with their existing blooms....way cool!



I absolutely LOVE that ornate clock face that is in the Collectables pack....all that fine detail makes it look so real....and 3D - just magical.



Here you can see some of the frames & doors that I cut out, and a few of the diecut collectables pieces....I also used some of the Sea Breeze Captured Moments cards in my layering as well.



Here's a bit of a close up of the background stencil work & stamping...and one of the new Butterfly clear stickers that I've mounted on to white cardstock.



Blue Bay - Baltic P1736; Sea Breeze P1732; Sky Blue P1730; Azure Specialty paper PS386; Collectabales CT817; Sea Breeze Captured Moments 3×4 cards CM123; Sticker Sheet SS270; Blue Bay clear stamps CS203; Honey paper blooms F628; Sage paper blooms F632; Coconut paper blooms F627; Balloon wooden flourish FL437; Monochrome epoxy stickers ST911; Butterfly clear sticker ST915; Lattice template T610; Rocks clear stamp CS875; Tiny Dot clear stamp CS151; Grid clear stamp CS755

Other – Machine stitching; Twine; Cardstock; Archival Ink; vinyl button; Leaf die & punch; Butterfly punches


Next I have a beachy little mini album.....
"Kioloa 2013"
The cover is just a few layers of paper, with more layers using the Sea Breeze Captured Moments cards...then topped off with a few blooms, Collectables pieces & some punched leaves...and Kaisercraft alpha stickers for the title :)


Now for the inside of the album

I stuck to having photos only on one side of each page.... keeping the other side for journaling etc



I have mostly used papers from the Blue Bay paper pad....and on the journaling side of the page, I've used more of the Captured Moments cards



Some quick & easy journaling strips in a few different colours, helps to keep the page from looking so bland if I'd just used one colour.



Here I've used more of the doors & frames...the doors are cut from the Sky Blue paper & the frame is from the Collectables pack.


More use of the Sea Breeze Captured Moments cards...on both pages.  The photo side I've added the same card in behind the photo, that is used on the journaling side, where I've mounted it on a paper doily & embellished off to the side.


It doesn't take much to embellish the pages in a mini album like this...just a few little flowers (I found flat ones best, as they then didn't bulk up the page & make it difficult to  close), diecuts, chipboard pieces...such as the cute little 2Crafty butterflies, some stickers, and you're done :)



Here's some more 2Crafty chipboard...the circles are cut from the Circular Panel & I've placed them either side of the photo.



Again, using a few flat flowers to create a little cluster...and the butterfly is another from the
Butterfly clear sticker sheet.  I've added one of the Collectables pieces (a key lock), on top of the butterfly with a mini paperbloom on top of that to give the butterfly a bit more depth & definition on the page.



And this is the last page...using pretty much the same embellishments as previous pages, just arranged slightly different on the page.

You can see more closeups of the mini album over on my blog HERE
  
Blue Bay - Baltic P1736, Dew Specialty paper PS385, Paper Pad PP959, Sea Breeze Captured Moments 3×4 cards CM123, Collectables CT817, Sticker Sheet SS270, Blue Bay clear stamps CS203, Butterfly clear stickers ST915, Latte Pearls PL505, Coconut mini paper blooms F644, Iceberg mini paper blooms F647, Honey mini paper blooms F645, Sage mini paper blooms F649, Black mini paper blooms F661, Terracotta paper blooms F635, Black pearls SB793, Black rhinestones RS452
Other – 2Crafty chipboard, Flowers, Flair button, Wooden veneers, Paper clips, Paper doily, Vinyl buttons, Leaf die & punch, Butterfly punches, Skeleton leaves, Buttons, Kraft mini album

The Prima Epiphany collection is available in the AAS store HERE  
and the Kaisercraft Blue Bay collection can be found HERE 
 
I hope you have been inspired & thanks so much for visiting today!
Until next time... xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Prima Marketing - Alphabet Letters
Prima Marketing - Stamps - Stitched Squares
Prima Marketing - Background Stamps - Various
Martha Stewart - Punch - Frond
Mont Marte - Gesso
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste

No comments:

Post a Comment