HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Kaisercraft XO Collection by Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone

I have a confession to make... I have about half a dozen unfinished layouts sitting on my desk. They are often the result of being not quite finished at crop days or I push it aside to start something else, and there it sits in a tray on my desk waiting, waiting to be finished. They don't always get finished and sit at the bottom of the pile, almost forgotten about till I have a tidy up of my scrap room. 

Luckily for me todays photo was sitting in that pile, on a half completed layout, mainly because I wasn't happy with the paper I had used and it never came together properly. So I ripped it off that page and started again with these lovely papers from the XO Collection. 

This collection is designed with a  Valentines Day theme but can definitely be used for other styles of layouts as I have done with; 

Sweet Princess



For this layout I have used clear gesso over white cardstock and then created a watercolour background with inks, then adding in some stamping before layering the gorgeous XO papers, with some doilies and finishing it off with some embellishments from the XO range,  as well as a few other complimentary embellishments. 


A couple of close ups:


You can see my watercolour background, where I have used 2 colours - a glimmermist and a colorshine mist. Once dry I stamped over using stazon ink. The first part of my title "Sweet" is a die-cut from the collectibles pack, I have also used Kaisercraft Mini Blooms, a doily, a Green Tara flower and a flair button to embellish. 



On this side of my layout you can see more of the stamping and background work, then embellishments consisting of a paper doily ,  some stickers and collectibles from the XO range, a Heidi Swapp Butterfly and a chipboard key from 2Crafty.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you've been inspired to try out the XO range for more than just romantic layouts. 

Fiona
x


Photobucket
Products Used:
Kaisercraft XO Paper - Kisses
Kaisercraft XO Paper - True Love
Kaisercraft XO Paper - Be Mine
Kaisercraft XO Paper - 
Kaisercraft XO Collectibles
Kaisercraft XO Sticker Sheet
Heidi Swapp Dreamy Ephemera
Heidi Swapp Buzz Words Glitter Epoxy Stickers
Lawn Fawn Sequins
White Cardstock
Glimmer Mist Chalkboard - Cornflower
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Blush
Stamps - Bo Bunny & Prima
Stazon Ink - Jet Black
Clear Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment