HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, May 8, 2015

More Echo Park "Jack & Jill" by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone & welcome to another week of creating :)

I am back with another layout that I've created using the Boy side of 

Again, there's lots of gorgeous colours used...grey's, blue's & orange, which all make up a 
fab masculine colour combo.


"Our True Blue Aussie Irishman"

I have used the reverse side of the Stamps paper for my background piece...which has all those super cool weathered timbers running diagonally across the page!  I then added a small amount of stencil work with modelling paste once I worked out where my photo & papers would go. 



I layered up a variety of papers & diecut pieces from the Ephemera pack, distressing all the edges...and then playing around with them until I was happy with the look.  I then started adding my embellishments....here you can see some pieces from the Ephemera pack, sticker sheet & camera cut from the Camera paper....and of course, some 2 Crafty chippies - Bubble Clumps, that I've coated in gesso & then coloured with an orange big brush pen....which is just like colouring in! :)

I have placed a few of the pieces in the cluster up on foam tape for some added height.



The grey tag was cut from the Adventure paper, and I then used another tag from the Ephemera pack to group them together.  The little horse piece was cut from the tag that is tucked in under the grey tag....I didn't want this hidden in under the layers, as horses were a huge part of my Great Uncle's life, so I felt it was very fitting to be part of the page.  I've also used more of the 2 Crafty Bubble Clumps & some of the Decorative Brads & another camera cut from the Camera paper.



The "Take Note" piece was a frame from the Ephemera pack that I cut in half & placed a piece at either end of my paper layers.  I've also added a few stickers from the Alpha Sticker Sheet & a 2 Crafty arrow that has been coloured with the big brush pens.  

I have added a few torn strips of the Ruler Decorative Tape in amongst the layers.



The title is using all the different alpha's from the Sticker Sheet.
I have used a corner punch to round the corners on a few of the papers in my layering...and also to create a few little tabs that are poking out here & there.  I've also added another of the decorative brads grouped with a paper clip over one of the tabs.



Across the top of the page I've added a strip of paper from the Explore paper & then added one of the diecuts from the Ephemera pack & another camera cut from the Camera paper, which is up on foam tape to add some height.



Here is a close up of the main area of the page.
To finish the page off, I decided to add a few flicks of glimmermist to the background, so I covered the photo area with a scrap piece of paper & then started adding the orange & blue mists.
I have my main journaling on the back of the page.


I do hope you have been inspired :)
You can find this fantastic collection in the AAS store HERE

Thanks so much for dropping by today...xx


Photobucket
Products used:-
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Stamps paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Bicycle paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Travel paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Pool paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Plaid paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Explore paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Camera paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Ephemera Die Cuts
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Decorative Brads
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Alpha Stickers
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Decorative Tape - Ruler
2Crafty Chipboard - Bubble Clumps
2Crafty Chipboard - Assorted Arrows
Memory Box Stencil - Scraped Paint
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain - Tumbled Glass
KAISERmist - Orange
Mont Marte Modelling Paste
Faber-Castell - Big Brush Pens
Paper Clip
Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment