HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 6, 2015

7Dots Studio "Thoughts Keeper" & Kaisercraft "Wanderlust" by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone & happy Friday!

This month I am lucky enough to be creating with a couple of 7Dots Studio collections!
I will be creating with both "Thoughts Keeper" & "Destination Unknown" ....and I can't wait to see what I come up with using them.

So far I have 1 layout to share....and it is using the beautiful
Thoughts Keeper collection.  
This one has a mix of soft, almost pastel, yet they have a vintage feel to the papers.
They are quite unique!

So my first layout for the month is this one....


"Dundrod House"
Based on sketch #134 at Sketchabilities

It's probably not the type of  photo you'd expect to use on such a soft pretty collection, but I chose this one as I have only just been given a copy of this, which is the house where my Granny was born & grew up in Ireland...and I was itching to get it scrapped!  PLUS, I felt it suited the vintage side of these papers.

I have used the No. 5 paper for the background with some added stencil work with modelling paste.....and also a small amount of random stamping & some glimmermist that I have dabbed on with a scrunched up piece of clingwrap.

  

The cluster - I have to point out these GORGEOUS new flowers from Petaloo - the one I've used here is Textured Burlap - Wild Sunflowers in Ivory....but there are a heap of other styles & colours available too!!!  PLUS look at that gorgeous paper butterfly!!!  It is also a new one from Petaloo - I absolutely LOVE them!! You can see them all HERE in the AAS store - I reckon these are going to sell really quick!

There's also some more Petaloo & Green Tara flowers used, along with stickers from the Thoughts Keeper sticker sheet, some 2Crafty ATC butterflies & Bluebird...and some diecut leaves.



Here is a different angle of the cluster...and a bit of a better close up of that gorgeous Petaloo butterfly.  You can also see some more 2Crafty used here - the new & very versatile "Dotty Bits" which comes in a variety of combinations of strips of these joined dotty bits....they are WAY cool!



Here is another smaller cluster....Green Tara & Petaloo flowers again, with a few different stickers from the Thoughts Keeper sticker sheet...and more 2Crafty butterflies <3



Part of the title is cut from paper No. 6 - which on one side, has a variety of card type elements PLUS these really cool scrabble type letters.  They are a tad bigger than what you see here, as I cut them down slightly so that they didn't overpower the rest of the title.

You can also see the background work here...I first added the textured stencil work outside of the area where the photo was going to go.  Once dry, I then added a small amount of random stamping with Kaisercraft script stamp & Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs distress ink.  I then finished it off with a few dabs of glimmermist that I had sprayed onto a scrunched up piece of cling wrap.  I love the effect this gives as it adds to the vintage feel of the page.



And here is a close up of the main area of the page.


Next, I also have some more of my February Kaisercraft DT work to share using the fabulous
"Wanderlust" Collection.  
This is a great collection to scrap all those travel photos, but would also be suited for other themed layouts as well.

"Conquering Mt Kozzie"

I used the "Freedom" paper for my background and I wanted to fit a few photos on the page for this one...Hubby & I hiking up to Mt Kosciuszko on the Australia Day long weekend.  The colours in this collection went perfectly with the colours in the photos.  I've also used some of the "A is for Adventure", Captured Moments cards as the layering in under my photos - I find these are great for this - you don't need to be a PL scrapper to make great use of these!


The alpha stickers are all Kaisercraft - Ivory, Red & Ebony



Lots of Collectables & sticker pieces layered & tucked here and there....and again, there's not a flower in sight :)



How cool are those Geotags?!  There are some in both the Collectables pack & on the sticker sheet...so plenty to go around.



More Collectables pieces.



I've also added some stamping to the background, using some of the arrows, chevron arrows & words from the Wanderlust stamp set.



Another great use for the CM cards....for journaling! 
I created a pocket on the left side of the page, and my journaling card just slips in there with the little tag poking out so that it's easily pulled out to read.

Kaisercraft Products: Wanderlust Collection – Freedom P1758, Discover P1757, Adventurous P1759, Collectables CT820, Sticker Sheet SS273, Wanderlust Clear Stamps CS206, A is for Adventure – Captured Moments Cards 6×4 CM325, Red Alpha Stickers AS258, Ebony Alpha Stickers AS251, Ivory Alpha Stickers AS253, Foam Tape T303
Other – Twine, Archival Ink


Next is a couple of cards....

"Travel ......"

I've used one of the cards from the Kaisercraft Kraft cards & env. pack...topped with another CM card, some layers of paper from the paper pad, Collectables pieces & more stickers from the sticker sheet.  I've embossed a few of the paper pieces with another of the new Embossing folders - this one is called "Weave"....very cool!



Kaisercraft Products: Wanderlust Collection – Exploration P1756, Paper Pad PP962, Collectables CT820, Sticker Sheet SS273, A is For Adventure – Captured Moments Cards 6×4 CM325, Weave Embossing Folder EF200, Kaisercraft Card & Env – Kraft CD512,
Foam Tape T303, Black Ink IP719
Other – Cotton Thread



next card

"Bon Voyage"

A variety of papers, Collectables & Stickers....layered up on top of another Kaisercraft Kraft card.
I used the 'bon voyage' stamp from the Wanderlust stamp set, then cut it out & mounted on another piece of patterned paper, and then also cut it out, and mounted it on some foam tape.




Kaisercraft Products: Wanderlust Collection – Unknown P1764, Paper Pad PP962, Collectables CT820, Sticker Sheet SS273, Wanderlust Clear Stamps CS206, A is for Adventure – Captured Moments Cards 6×4 CM325, Kaisercraft Card & Env – Kraft CD512,
Black Ink IP719, Foam Tape T303
Other – Twine
 
 
Well, that is all from me for another week.
I hope you have been inspired by both of these collections :)
A product list, with links,  for the Thoughts Keeper layout is listed below & the Wanderlust collection is available HERE
Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my work :)  xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
"Dundrod House"
7Dots Studio - Thoughts Keeper paper - No. 5
Dots Studio - Thoughts Keeper paper - No. 2
Dots Studio - Thoughts Keeper paper - No. 3
Green Tara - Apple Blossom - Ivory
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Peach
Prima Marketing - Alpha Stickers
Martha Stewart - Border Punch -
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Joy Crafts - Leaf Die
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs

No comments:

Post a Comment